image

Welcome to my blog!

Here you will find my thoughts (and commentary) on all things beauty related. To search for a specific subject or post, please use the search box above right. Enjoy!

Details

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My First Post-a little history

Greetings everyone! I decided to get my feet wet and blog about something that has been a part of my life for a long time...makeup (well beauty products in general!)
My first makeup experience was my mother putting some light blue eyeshadow and frosty pink lipgloss (it was the 70's) on me for my dance recital, I was six at the time. As soon as I was allowed to wear makeup to school-7th grade, I was hooked. My first store bought makeup was some blue mascara from Maybelline and a lipstick from Coty (remember them??). My godmother would also give me the parts that she didn't use from her holiday free gift with purchase from Estee Lauder. I was such a makeup enthusiast that I decided that one day I was going to have my own makeup line called (get ready for it) "Good Looks" by Julia. Yeah, I was maybe a tad pretentious. I went as far as typing up (yes, I'm that old) little labels which I taped over all my makeup products. Flash forward 30 years and I'm still addicted to all kinds of beauty products, hair care, nail polish, perfume, makeup and the like. I haven't created my own makeup line (yet), and after a brief stint as a nail technician in college, I became an art teacher. But makeup always holds for me the promise of a smile, a little lipstick and some mascara go a long way! So this blog will be my contribution to the vast world of beauty blogs, vlogs and whatnot. I will be posting reviews, photos and videos. Maybe you can find something here to inspire you or at least make you smile! Best wishes!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment